Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #224 -Open Sesame!


Welcome to day 1 of Flourishes’ fabulous sneak peeks and you have an an opportunity to WIN our entire new June release just by playing along!  For the remainder of this week we will be sharing our newest stamp sets with you!  Aren't you excited?! 



Since Sneak Peek Day 1 overlaps with the Timeless Tuesday Challenge, we have some amazing projects showcasing our newest beautiful floral stamp set by Marcella Hawley today... This stunning new stamp set features a glorious spray of wildflowers along with some wonderfully heartfelt sentiments.  It will be a 'must-have' on your shopping list this week! For this challenge, create a card or project that moves or opens in a non-traditional manner (FTTC224)!  In other words, create a card that doesn't just open normally.  Maybe it has a third panel like a tri-fold card or it has a greeting tag that pops up when you pull a ribbon!There are lots of fun tutorials you can try out.  Here are just a few examples of some great card tutorials that will fit perfectly for this week's challenge:
Circle Side Step Card - this is what I used... Beate gives excellent instructions!
I was excited to color up this new stamp set Picking Wildflowers! I always enjoy coloring flowers with Copics!  I created a Circle Side step card using Beate's great instructions. I tried to take the picture at an angle so you could see the side steps. I have to say this was pretty easy... Generally I'm not a fan of following measurements and rules! I used the second largest Circle Die in SPellbinder's Grand Circles for my card base. The other two die cuts are both from Spellbinder's Floral Ovals set, which really give the card a feminine feel with all the delicate edges.



 I was trying to match the green in my printed paper on the card. Believe it or not there was not one Copic green that gave me the same tone, so I used two! I gently airbrushed YG03 and YG63 around the edges of my oval. I did not bother masking anything, I rarely do.


  Here is the up close picture. The image is popped up with foam tape. On the small purple flowers I added a yellow center using my Light Yellow Viva Pearl Pen. 


Today we have both our Flourishes Finest Design Team AND our Friends of Flourishes Team sharing their "Open Sesame" inspirations with you!  Take a moment and leave some love on all of our designers' blogs.
Come and hop along and visit with all of our super talented designers and join us in our challenge this week for a chance at winning our ENTIRE new June release!!  Yup... that's right... you could win our entire new release just by playing along. Stay tuned to the Flourishes Blog this week to see all the new sets revealed this week! 



Hidden among the Design Team is one person who's today's Mystery Blogger, comment on her blog and you could win today's set!  How easy and wonderful is that?!

38 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jenny!! I LOVE the yellows and the Circle Side Step Fold!! It's so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous design for a card! And your soft summer colors for the flowers reminds me of a down south summer day. Can't wait to see Beate's video on how to create this kind of card -- it's screaming to be CASEd!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Jenny. I love the colour combination, the design, the way the image pops out of the circle, but especially your gorgeous copic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Jenny this is gorgeous. Fantastic card fold, beautiful colouring and papers. Another must have floral image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squeal! I LOVE this Jenny! Ok, so now I want to do this card fold, for sure and your image is colored to perfection, of course! What a stunner! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY!!!LOVE IT!!!Awesome card!!!Amazing coloring,love following you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color and layout. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Jenny! Love the circle side step design and your colouring is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GASP! This is GORGEOUS Jenny! Oh my.. your coloring and the fabulous soft background. I'm drooling.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exquisite card!!Your card is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GAH...speechless! I so love the over all tones of soft green....amazing use of a creative fold girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally in love with this card Jenny! I love the greens and yellows - so fresh and bright! Lovin' the kind of card you made - going to have to try that one for sure! Fabulous card and colouring this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeously colored Jenny that showcases this technique perfectly! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a beautiful card and a wonderful fold. I often return to Beate's tutorials and sure do miss her blog. Flourishes designers are top drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The side stepped circle card is fabulous. I like the green sprayed edges and pretty yellow bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. JENNY!!!!!! I FOUND YOU!!!!!!! ;) I followed the blog hop & it took me to a different post! SOOO GLAD I FOUND YOU!!!!!! :) I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS CARD!!!!!!! THE FOLD AND THE COLORING! THE IMAGE!!!!!!! EVERYTHING ACTUALLY!!!!!!! TRUELY STUNNING!!!!!! (I NEED to find the HOW TO on this fold!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colouring, love your airbrushed background too. Great card fold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny, I couldn't wait to see what you had done with this new stamp set. And I wasn't disappointed. What a stunner! I have promised one of our friends a floral card - I think this new stamp set is in my future. I've been so excited to see all of the creations from the DT. You've made Timeless Tuesday (Beautiful).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Springy delight Jenny! I adore the side step with the rounded bottom, so very FUN! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty--I will have to try this type of card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What can I say, but super~super gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! What a beautiful card! Love the fold and your coloring is gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally awesome!!! Love your coloring and how you framed the main image and also love the circle step card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How gorgeous! Such a unique shape. Your coloring is gorgeous and thanks for the tip on how to get that beautiful green background.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is super beautiful, Jenny!! I love this fancy folding and shape of the card! Your coloring is fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful ! I like that unusual fold.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jenny, this is just beautiful...great fold card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Berni, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card. Thanks for the link for the tute as well! I tried the other step card links you provided, but they all link to the circular card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card. Thanks for the link for the tute as well! I tried the other step card links you provided, but they all link to the circular card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Berni, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  32. A wonderful card, great coloring, beautiful flowers. Thanks for the list of non-traditional openings. I miss Beate and hope she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card, love the soft colors. Love this stamp set. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, Jenny, I have never seen a circular step card before, and it is certainly beautiful with what you did with it. Amazing coloring. Just so very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete