- Stamps: Ornament Collage #GG0020 by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, Holiday Greetings Set by Flourishes
- Ink: Versamark and Silver Detail EP, Red
- Paper: DP collection "Winter's Song" from SEI, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Silver
- Other: Silver Cord, Red Brads, Silver Eyelets, Crystals, Clear Spica Pen, Clear Glaze Pen, Pearls
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Burgundy
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Basic Grey Wassail Collection, Gold Text Weight
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Please check out the great samples from the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Julie, Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb ,Barbara, Barb Schram, Jennifer and we have Bethany Paull with us too - as our special guest stamper for November!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Burgundy
- Paper: DP by 7Gypsies "Fleur Rouge", Neenah Environment, Black
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I wanted to add some extra leaves, so I just trimmed a few out with my craft knife from my second stamping.
They are too tiny to try and mess around popping them up using foam tape. I use PergaKit 3-D Glue for a project like this. It is a silicone type glue and very thick, allowing me to position the small leaves at an angle. The glue will dry in and my leaves will stay in place at an angle. I squeeze a little glue out on a scrap piece of paper and use a toothpick to apply it -- just a dab will do the job, and the toothpick lets you grab just a tiny dab and control exactly where and how much is being applied. Then the toothpick is trash. No fuss, no mess.
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Sepia Brown
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Environment, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme is Shaker Cards.
Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Deborah March - Dina Kowal - Julie Koerber - Kathy Menzies - Kelli Richardson - Laura Fulcher and Shirley Ross.
You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. A gift certificate is up for grabs to sweeten the challenge! Please check out the details of how to play along and win on the Impression-Obsession Blog .
OK, I won't lie to you.... This is only the second shaker card I have ever made in my card making years. Yes, only the second one. But with these new little shaker pouches from Impression Obsession, I have to say I am looking forward to making more. These little pouches make it EASY, I mean really EASY. Click on the pic to see them better. They come in all shapes and sizes and do coordinate with Nestie Sizes for easy framing. Each little plastic pouch has a small adhesive strip on the edge, you just fill it with whatever you want to shake, remove the adhesive and waaah-laaa. Done. Brilliantly EASY.
So I colored my little snow girl and snow boy with Copics, just lightly coloring in the sky and leaving the ground and snow white. I added White Fun Flock in my shaker pouch... soft looking like snow. I did however run in to an issue.... Static, OMG!! my fun flock was sticking to my little plastic pouch everywhere, clinging on like I glued it down. YIKES! Hmmmmm.... I got an idea, every once in awhile that happens, lol!! I got a Fabric Softener Dryer Sheet -- rubbed it over my plastic pouch, then refilled with my fun flock. It worked.... no static!!!! Oh, I was so happy!!! And.... now my card smells Oh, So Linen Fresh!!!
I used two Nesties to create a frame for my Shaker Pouch, one circle and one Scalloped Circle. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add little holes in each scallop. I embellished the frame with Embroidery Floss and pearls. I was so excited that my Dryer Sheet trick worked, and how cute these little pouches were --- I forgot to add some bling to the Snow Girl's flower on her hat!!! I guess that one idea sucked the rest of my brain function away!!! ALSO -- if you shake the snow away from the bottom, the image will reveal a little red heart! Finished card size is 4.75" Square.
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red
- Paper: DP by Basic Grey - Red Swirly DP from the Sugared Collection, the Aged Aqua DP is from Nook and Pantry; Riding Hood Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Other: Red Micro Pen, White Gel Pen, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Spellbinder's Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles, Embroidery Floss, Pearls, White Fun Flock
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Red
- Paper: DP by Basic Grey - Boxer Collection, Neenah Environment Ivory, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red
- Other: Copics, Red Mini Crystals, Photo Corner Punches, Crystal Lacquer, Ultra Fine Glitter, Bella Dots Embellishments
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Stamps: All stamps by Flourishes - Fancy Tulip Thank You SS 033, Flourished Word Stamps
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
- Paper: Misc. DP, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Rust, Mustard
- Other: Copics/ABS, Crystals, Jute String, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder, Black 1/16" Rainbow Tape, Spellbinder's Labels One , Corner Rounder
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
You can see here how I aged my stamped pieces.... I first sponged ink around the edges of each piece. Then I used that "Splatter" looking stamp to add some interest -- kind of looks like aged water spots, I think. When I stamped the "Splatter" I used second, third and fourth generations of inking to give it lighter, medium and darker spots.
My dirty little bow.... I had some Ivory Silk ribbon, which was way too bright and sweet looking now that I had dirtied everything else up! So I just ran it over the Ink pad to make it more suitable to my card's theme. I wanted to add this little charm in the middle... I first tied my triple bow with the Bow Easy. Then I threaded the ribbon through the eyelet on the back of the charm. Leaving my Bow intact on the Bow Easy, I then tied the charm ribbon to it in the center of the Bow Easy legs, tying it off in a simple knot in the back of the bow. This created two additional bow tails as well.
Here is a Close Up pic of this unusual creation that I made. I fussed it up a little more by adding some buttons and pearls in a heap type pile. The Flowers were also a little more bright red than I liked, so I darkened the petals and centers using a Copic Marker. The thread was left over from sewing on the buttons, so I just glued that down too!!! I will tell you before I glued everything down -- I am sure I moved every element at least ten times. Finished card size is an A2.
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versafine Sepia Brown
- Paper: Red DP by Basic Grey "Boxer Collection", Kraft, Black, Neenah Peppercorn Ivory, Graphic 45
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Please check out the great samples from the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Julie, Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb and Barbara, also Barb Schram (Barb is filling in for a bit for Jennifer) We have Bethany Paull with us too - as our special guest stamper for November!
The main image panel tucks into the bottom little folded flap, I embellished the edge of the flap with the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Border die, only showing a portion of it over the edge. I added some dots around the Nesties and some stitch marks with a black Micron pen. I added Liquid Laminate over the Martini Glass with a little glitter around the edge to jazz it up a bit. Finished card size is an A2. This also works for the TCP Tuesday #84 Challenge this week, to make a Holiday Card.
- Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas "Make Merry" Clear Set #N-9676 C
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Red
- Paper: DP by Basic Grey, Red, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Other: Pearls, Red Metal Dots, Black Micron Pen, Spellbinder's Label Eight, Cuttlebug Fleur de Lis Folder, Spellbinder's Fleur De Lis Borderabilities, Liquid Laminate, Copics/ABS
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
The center stamped image is two stampings - the sentiment in red. Then I stamped the hat in Memento Tuxedo Black. I used a Copic to color in the Hat and also the green background of the circle, popped it up, and dressed up the scallops with some Bling. Finished card size is an A2.
- Stamps: All stamps by JustRite: Merry Little Christmas Borders & Centers Round 1-5/8”
- Ink: Red, Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red
- Paper: DP by Basic Grey - Eskimo Kisses Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Green, Misc Red DP
- Other: Crystals, Spellbinder's Standard and Petite Scallops, Misc. Ribbon, Copics, Buttons, White Gel Pen, Red Spica Pen
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I went with the theme of the Inspiration Picture, choosing this wheat harvest image from Serendipity Stamps to color with Copics. The background words are from Flourishes and the verse is about Thanks and being Grateful, so I thought it fit the theme. I just added some blocks of the Leaves DP in two corners to help balance out the colors.
- Stamps: Image by Serendipity Stamps: Wheat Sheaf #WHG1028, Words from Flourishes Set: #SS03 Thank You
- Ink: Versafine Sepia Brown, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper" Leaves DP by Frances Meyer, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Mustard
- Other: Misc. Buttons, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Silk Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Gold Cording, Copics
Thursday, November 5, 2009
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
- Paper: Green DP by K & Co., Brown Grocery Bag, Red DP from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses Collection, Gold, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White